This position has presently been filled. See also other open positions.
Operations Specialist / Bookkeeper
Part Time Salary. 100% remote position, Flexible hours. USA resident only. Reports to Executive Director
Become a part of Internet history! Spritely Networked Communities Institute is a fully remote non-profit dedicated to re-decentralizing community on the Internet!
The Operations Specialist / Bookkeeper is strategic, detail oriented, and interested in non-profit operations. In addition to performing traditional administrative support duties, you will perform special projects related to finance, HR, marketing, and executive management. This position is ideal for someone with strong administrative skills and an interest in growing with a nonprofit dedicated to the communities it serves.
- Process invoices/accounts payable
- Manage vendor contracts and deadlines
- Act as a point of contact for all HR related inquiries
- Schedule candidate interviews
- Oversee employee background checks
- Onboard new teammates
- Manage HRIS database
- Maintain compliance with Employment Eligibility Verification & I-9
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Manage benefits vendors
- Work with team to run weekly payroll
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Complete verification of employment
The qualified candidate will have 2-3 years of professional experience, a strong attention to detail, the ability to retain and apply knowledge, a strong sense of personal responsibility that leads high-quality work, and the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks in an efficient and organized manner.
This job will require working with command-line tools and editing plaintext files. You don't have to have deep proficiency with this kind of technical tooling, but you should have worked in them before and understand their basic concepts and be willing to learn more on the job. Ideally, you have also worked with a version control system, and written computer scripts, but these skills are not required.
This position will interact with sensitive data and so you must be trustworthy, thorough and able to keep confidential information. You must be able to provide at least three references to this effect.
- Part-time (20 hours/week), flexible schedule, fully remote, United States only
- Working tools are Linux-based and files are shared via GIT.
- You must have internet access (see benefits.)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary [Part-Time]: $30k-35k
- Health: ICHRA up to $1,000k/month reimbursement
- Equipment: $40/month internet, $1,000 BYOD stipend
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include a resume or CV and a cover letter. All materials must be in a file format that can be easily viewed with free software, such as a PDF or Open Document Format.
We hope to hear from you!
Spritely Networked Communities Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Job Updated: December 2, 2022