Hoot: Scheme to WebAssembly
Hoot is a Spritely project which provides a full-featured WebAssembly (WASM) toolkit in Scheme. Hoot includes a Scheme to WASM compiler, allowing Scheme code to run in recent browsers as a first-class citizen.
Hoot requires no external tools and provides its own WebAssembly assembler and linker, and additionally contains a fully featured development environment including a WASM disassembler, interpreter, and debugger. Direct REPL integration permits Hoot users to hack comfortably without switching tools.
Articles and videos
- Guile Hoot v0.1.0 released!
- Scheme in the browser: A Hoot of a tale
- Interview with some of Hoot's developers on System Crafters
- Lisp Game Jam - "Wireworld" - Hoot's low level WASM tooling in action
- Directly compiling Scheme to WebAssembly: lambdas, recursion, iteration!
Development version: (git)