This position has presently been filled. See also other open positions.
Core Infrastructure Architect
Become a part of Internet history! Spritely Networked Communities Institute is a fully remote non-profit dedicated to re-decentralizing community on the Internet and is hiring a Core Infrastructure Architect to work on our distributed object capability security architecture. You will design and develop key components of our core platform, Spritely Goblins, supporting our Guile and Racket implementations.
Interested parties should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please, be sure to include links to your open source projects and related research contributions.
- Design & develop an innovative distributed debugging infrastructure
- Design & develop safe serialization/persistence support
- Maintain, develop, and improve Goblins on Guile
- Participate in implementation and standardization the emerging OCapN distributed object networked protocol
- Document and write platform tests
- Assist with *nix system administration (likely using "guix deploy")
- Contribute upstream patches to Guile, Guix and other open source infrastructure where necessary to support Spritely Institute's goals
- Working experience with Scheme or other Lisp-like languages. (Guile Scheme in particular is a huge bonus!)
- Experience working on networking architecture projects
- Experience with the actor model, and asynchronous programming environments
- Functional knowledge of object capability security
- Technical writing
- Existing participation in open source communities
- Administrator of GNU/Linux on servers or your personal machine
- Use GNU Emacs (or equiv.) for development
- Experience with a wide variety of other programming languages (JS, Erlang, Rust, C/C++) (Computing polyglots welcome!)
- Full time, fully remote, United States only
- Must have and maintain computer and internet access (see benefits)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $100k-$110k based on experience and location
- Health: ICHRA up to $2,000k/month reimbursement
- Equipment: $40/month internet, $1,000 BYOD stipend
If you meet most of the requirements above, we want to hear from you!
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include a resume or CV, cover letter, short writing sample and/or links to published work online, such as articles, free software contributions, or conference presentation videos. All materials must be in a file format that can be easily viewed with free software, such as a PDF or Open Document Format.
We hope to hear from you!
Spritely Networked Communities Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Job Posted: October 20th, 2022