This position has presently been filled. See also other open positions.
Open Source Developer Relations Manager
Full Time Salary. 100% remote position. Non-profit organization. USA resident only. Reports to the Executive Director (dotted line to CTO)
Become a part of Internet history! Spritely Networked Communities Institute is a fully remote non-profit dedicated to re-decentralizing community on the Internet and is hiring an Developer Relationship Manager who will shepherd the growth of our open source ecosystem of fully decentralized secure social applications - eventually available free to everyone with a web browser.
The Open Source Developer Relations Manager is responsible for growing and nurturing relationships with Spritely Institute’s developer community. This includes developing and executing strategies to attract, engage, and retain developers; creating and distributing technical content; and responding to developer questions and feedback.This person is a passionate evangelist for our vision, technologies and for open source. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and practical experience in community management.
- Foster and implement strategies to attract, engage and retain developers.
- Define, track and improve community performance metrics (problems resolved, code contributions, code reviews, community interactions, etc.)
- Deliver developer-facing content, broadly (blog, talks, landing page, social media, technical documentation and newsletter)
- Serve as the primary first responder to inquiries from our developer community (product questions, feature requests, need for deeper technical support, etc)
- Identify and nurture community leaders, and give them the resources they need to help onboard new developers with our technologies
- Represent the company at open source conferences and events
- Build and manage relationships with key members of the open source community
Ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, a related field, or relevant experience
- 3-5 years of experience in open source developer/community management
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience in the formative stages of an open source ecosystem.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable presenting to technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for open source
- Experience in the Open Standards process
- Experience working with Spritely Goblins
- Experience working with Guix or NixOS
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $75k-$85k based on experience and location
- Health: ICHRA up to $2,000k/month reimbursement
- Equipment: $40/month internet, $1,000 BYOD stipend
Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume or CV, cover letter, and links to relevant open source communities you’ve curated as well as published work online, such as articles, free software contributions, or conference presentation videos. All materials must be in a file format that can be easily viewed with free software, such as a PDF or Open Document Format.
Spritely Networked Communities Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, body size, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Job Posted 9/29/2023